Sunday, October 7, 2012

The One Ring


Roleplaying games.
They give me an outlet for my imagination.
Some games certainly more than others.

Recently I was asked to participate in a "The One Ring' Campaign.
"The One Ring" is an RPG that takes place in Middle Earth some five years after the events of Tolkien's "The Hobbit".

Of the races that are available to play, at least initially, I took a Woodman of the Wilderlands.  I named him Ingvilmar (after much debating and writing and rewriting).  I had very little to go on, besides what I had read in the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings.  So I sat down at my computer, started up Photoshop and grabbed my Wacom.

This is what resulted...



I will state for the record that this is not a finished piece.  I will also admit that it will probably not progress much further than this.

It was a good exercise and has me working on other things.  It did feel good to pick up a pencil (or Wacom Stylus) again.

No comments:

Post a Comment