Sunday, October 7, 2012

Deadlands





















It's October.  The leaves have all changed their colors and are littering the streets.  The air has grown chilly, the clouds have gone gray.

Halloween is almost here.

Every so often I like to run a game centered around a horror theme.
It's a one shot.  People are going to die.

This year it's going to be a "Deadlands" game.  I've come up, for the most part, with the story.  I've pregenerated the characters and now I'm working on their identities.  For me, drawing the characters is as vital and important to character creation as rolling the dice and writing up a history is.  It helps me keep them in my head and it gives them a bit more personality.


Some characters concepts just speak to what they should look like.  Sometimes they develop more characteristics from the sketches that I create for them.  The more I draw, the more they seem to breath.
It's world building on a smaller scale.  It's like cartography for people.
People who will probably die horrible deaths in the Weird West.


No comments:

Post a Comment